Hold the lever's long end between your fingers. Once inside the lock, turn the lever in the same direction you would turn the key to unlock your mailbox. While picking the lock, keep pressing the lever in this direction to apply pressure to the lock's barrel.
How Can I Get Into My Mailbox Without A Key?
How can I open a locked mailbox without a key? Here are the steps how to get into the mailbox without key.
- first, grab a pair of manicure scissors or a small, thin blade.
- Insert the tool's thin end into the locking hole.
- Turn the lock as if it were a key.
- Slowly turn it until the door opens.
- If none of the above methods work, try a thin bobby pin.
- Put the bobby pin through the lock.
How Do You Pick A Mailbox Lock Without Breaking It?
How to unlock a mailbox lock without breaking it? Here we go! You can try these options!
- Key Simulation
Most mailbox locks have a simple mechanism to open them. If you've lost your keys and need to know how to open a mailbox lock, try this simple method. Check to see if the locking system has any electric signal system manipulated on it for security purposes. The previous method may cause damage to the surface of the mailbox. It will not work on newly purchased ones. To make it work properly, you must carefully follow the procedure.
- Get a flat knife or a manicure scissor.
- Insert the sharp edge of the object into the keyhole.
- Slowly rotate it in either a clockwise or anticlockwise direction until the mailbox door is unlocked.
- Avoid pushing the object too hard, as the lock may crack.
- If neither the knife nor the manicure scissors work, try inserting a flat hairpin inside the lock.
- Shift it ahead and turn it in different directions until you hear a ticking sound.
- Open by Force
Before you force open the mailbox, make sure it is not using modern security technology, as this method may cause the security system to alarm. The locking system should be simple as well, and the mailbox should be of sufficient age. As a result, if it deforms, you can easily replace it with a new one.
- You'll need a screwdriver or a sharp knife.
- Insert it into the key slot.
- Start pressing it firmly until the lock pin jumps out of the mailbox.
- Open by Drilling
This method is only applicable if you intend to replace the lock on your mailbox, as it will destroy the castle.
- Get an electrical power drill.
- Turn it on and begin drilling a hole into the core of the lock.
- Now, using a screwdriver, push the lock.
- This will release the lock, allowing you to open the mailbox.
- Using a Lever or a Pick Lock
If you want to open your mailbox quickly, you can purchase a lock-picking kit. The lock-picking kit includes a wide variety of lever and pick locks, which will be sufficient to unlock the mailbox in a matter of minutes.
How Do You Open A Mailbox With A Bobby Pin?
Separate the first bobby pin into a long, flat metal piece. Bend the tip of your pin into a pick using the lock. Make a handle out of one end of the pick. Bend a whole bobby pin into a right angle to make your lever.
How To Replace Mailbox Lock?
To begin the installation, you will need:
- Locks for channels
- Pliers (pair)
- Replacement lock
- Insert the new lock into the space where the old one was removed. You have a choice if you choose to replace the pin. You have the option of using a pin or a nut. As it threads over the lock grooves, the nut becomes more secure. Nonetheless, both are beneficial.
- Wrap the new lock pin around the lock. Use the channel locks to secure the replacement pin in place.
- Place the latch on the back of the lock. After that, screw a smaller nut onto the end. Check the lock to ensure that you have chosen the correct latch size. You can determine whether the latch is too big or too small. If you lock it and the key does not come out, it is too big. It is too small if it does not lock at all and can be easily pulled.